As part of an alternative marketing strategy, General Motors recently teamed with 50 Cent to spotlight several of their new Pontiac models.
The Pontiac G8 GT and G6 GXP both made appearances in 50′s “Amusement Park” video, and more recently 50 unveiled his own custom G8 at the SEMA Auto Show.
According to MotorAuthority.com, 50′s G8 was made
one-of-a-kind with help from Unique Autosports. The car was treated to
custom paint and exterior appointments as well as a revised interior
and powertrain. The vehicle is powered by an LSX 427 engine dyno-tested
to more than 500hp and assembled only with components available from
the GM Performance Parts.
The engine assembly was filled out with a variety of
production-based components used on the Corvette Z06′s 7.0L LS7 engine,
including a forged steel crankshaft, lightweight titanium connecting
rods, racing-derived aluminum cylinder heads and a complete LS7
intake/throttle body/fuel injection system.
For the interior, standard leather seats were re-trimmed with
perforated red leather inserts and matching trim was used for the door
inserts and armrests. The car was also outfitted with an 800-watt JBL
audio system with amps and a subwoofer.
50′s not the only one helping GM market their cars; the company had extensive product placements in the Transformers film, and the Chevrolet Camaro Concept recently appeared in a T.I. video.
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony talk about Upcoming Rock The Bells Performance With Eazy-E Hologram
- R&B Singer Miguel Smashes A Girls Face During 2013 Billboard Awards Performance
- Niki Minaj Shows Off Her Big Booty Plus Gives Lil Wayne A Lap Dance At The 2013 Billboard Awards – Must See
- How Kanye West,Kim Kardashian And Amber Rose Relationship Affected The “Yeezus” Album
- Kanye West Performs “Black Skinhead” And “New Slaves” On SNL – Watch Now