Remember the story I published a few days ago about Lorenzen Wright missing? Well there have been stories circulating that the NBA baller was found dead. Check out the story I found on Philli.com daily news:
“The uncle of former NBA player Lorenzen Wright said yesterday that police have told the family the athlete who had been missing for 10 days has been found dead.
Curtis Wright told the Associated Press that police called the player’s father, Herb Wright, yesterday afternoon with the news he had died.
A Memphis police spokeswoman wrote in an e-mail to the AP that police were investigating the death of an unidentified man, but wrote they could not confirm the victim’s identity last night. The Memphis Commercial Appeal cited a police source as identifying the body found in a field in southeast Memphis as Wright’s.
Wright, 34, was last seen July 18 when he was expected to fly out of town. His family filed a missing-person report July 22.
Wright played 13 years in the NBA with five teams: the Los Angeles Clippers, Atlanta, Memphis, Sacramento and most recently Cleveland with 17 games in the 2008-09 season. Wright left the University of Memphis early for the NBA, and the Clippers made him a lottery pick with the No. 7 selection overall.
He averaged 8.0 points and 6.4 rebounds per game in 778 games.”
Well lets hope that the body the police found is not Lorenzen’s. Stay tuned for more news on this developing story.
Follow on Twitter
- Kobe Bryant Takes His Mom To Court To Stop Her From Auctioning Off His Sports memorabilia From Highschool
- Hilarious Roberto Guerrero’s Dad Calls Floyd Mayweather A Woman Beater During Pre Fight Press Conference
- Jay-Z Announces Departure as Part Owner of Brooklyn Nets
- Jay-Z Launches Roc Nation Sports, Signs Robinson Cano
- Professional Boxer Manny Pacquiao is calling it quits!