In 2007, Diddy teamed up with Ciroc to help boost the vodkas image. According to Forbes, within two years, Diddy’s Ciroc campaign helped take the brand from distributing 160,000 cases a year to 400,000 cases a year. Now in 2011, Ciroc is on the verge of selling more than 1 Million cases and it’s all thanks to Mr. Combs!
The deal he struck up with the company has set him up for placement on the Forbes 400 list, if someone were to come in and buy it.
The notorious name-changer has taken to calling himself Ciroc Obama, and for good reason: Through his vodka deal with beverage giant Diageo, Diddy receives an annual cut of profits and a big chunk of cash if the Ciroc brand is ever sold. With the spirit’s value soaring toward $1 billion, and stakes in clothing lines Sean John and Enyce, marketing firm Blue Flame and record label Bad Boy, Diddy may beat buddy Jay-Z, featured on last year’s cover, to The Forbes 400. Net worth: $550 million.
At this point, Ciroc is more than a drink… Diddy has made it a movement! If you follow @CirocNation on Twitter, they are constantly retweeting tweets with the word Ciroc and drink recipes that people come up with! The brand and marketing strategy is genius plus the fact that it’s in every song there’s no way around it!
- Diddy Rings in New Year at Private Miami Estate; Hosts CIROC The New Year 2012
- Video Footage Of What Really Went Down Between Diddy Ciroc And King T.I.P At The Compound
- Diddy gets surrounded by LAPD with guns drawn while in his Maybach
- French Montana ‘Excuse My French’ Cover Art & Tracklisting Revealed
- Diddy Beats out Jay Z and Dr Dre on Forbes List for 2013