As Nicki Minaj continues to enjoy the success of Pink Friday - with her single "Super Bass", the Harajuku Barbie has turned her attention to her new album.
In an interview with Billboard at the iHeartRadio Music Festival, Minaj confirmed earlier reports that her alter-ego, Roman Zolanski, would be featured prominently in her next release.
“All I can say is that Roman will definitely be a humongous part of the follow-up to Pink Friday,” she said in her alter-ego's accent. “I can’t talk about anything else that has to do with the sophomore album. All I can say is that I’m working on it and the fans are gonna get their life and then some.”
Minaj also spoke about Taylor Swift, with whom she performed "Super Bass" at the Festival. "I want to publicly say again that Taylor Swift really launched that single into another stratosphere, with just tweeting about it and rapping it and stuff," says Minaj of "Super Bass," currently at No. 9 on the Hot 100. "I performed it with Taylor, and she's so cute, and she's like a big bowl of ice cream!"
Watch the interview below:
- Nicki Minaj Speaks On Upcoming Sophomore Album, Will Feature Alter Ego Roman
- Nicki Minaj Shows Off Her Big Booty Plus Gives Lil Wayne A Lap Dance At The 2013 Billboard Awards – Must See
- Nicki Minaj Speaks On Gucci Mane Needing An Intervention
- French Montana ‘Excuse My French’ Cover Art & Tracklisting Revealed
- [Video] Lil Kim Lights A Fire Under Peter Rosenberg’s Ass During Interview