(RO) – In the article, Vanity Fair’s contributing editor Mark Seal talks with several people connected to the late pop icon, including to Karrine Steffans, the onetime girlfriend of Houston’s ex husband Bobby Brown.
Seal writes that Ray J was a cause for concern to people associated with the I Will Always Love You singer. Steffans told Seal that one night she received a call from Ray J. “He said, ‘Is Bob (Bobby Brown) still staying with you?’ I said, ‘Yeah, he’s right here.’ And Ray said, ‘Tell him I f*cked both of his chicks, you and now his wife.’” Steffans goes on to tell Seal, “Bob’s big thing was everyone blamed him for her downfall, but when he met her she was already using drugs. He always felt very angry about that. He told me, ‘What everybody saw wasn’t the real Whitney.’ He always said her private persona—which you saw on Being Bobby Brown—was who she really was.”
In the article, Seal also says he reached out to Whitney’s longtime friend and former creative director, Robyn Crawford, who was once rumored to be the singer’s gay lover – something both Houston and Crawford denied. Seal says a package he sent Crawford in hopes of speaking with her was returned with “Refused by R. Crawford; does not want” written across the front.
- Bobby Brown & Bobbi Kristina Reunite For The First Time Since Whitney Houston’s Funeral
- Ray J Upset Over Being Accused Of Whitney’s Enabler, Didn’t Know She Was Doing Coke
- Star Magazine Reports That Ray J Has A Load Of “Adult Films” Starring Himself And Whitney Houston
- Whitney Houston’s Family Warns Bobby Brown To Keep Away From Fortune
- [Video] Bobby Brown Grieves On Stage Over Whitney Houston’s Death