It’s been a good decade since Truth Hurts’ Aftermath/Interscope Records smash single “Addictive” first hit Billboard’s Top 10. Featuring Rakim and a DJ Quik’s hypnotic Hindi-infused beat in 2002, it seemed as if the artist born Shari Watson was about to star into a pop career.
In the mean while, Truth Hurts has stacked acting credits, collaborated with Raphael Saddiq, R. Kelly, J Dilla, and flexed her interests internationally. Now with a new untitled mixtape and album on the way and a reinvigorated view on music’s global opportunities, Truth speaks, as she calls it, her first “real break out”.
With a Hoopla Media Group mixtape featuring unreleased material coming, HipHopDX spoke with Truth Hurts about her upcoming projects and “Addictive’s” $500,000,000 lawsuit, and why she posed for Penthouse spread.
In case you forgot check out the video of Truth Hurts below and Check out the interview here!
- Big Hutch Files Lawsuit Against Dr. Dre, Aftermath, Interscope, Ruff Ryders and EVE
- Lupe Fiasco Speaks On Upcoming Album “Food & Liquor 2″
- [Video] Charli Baltimore Reveals New Album “True Lies” & Beef With 50 Cent
- Lil’ Kim Working With Timbaland, Wyclef Jean, Rockwilder & More On New Music
- Iggy Azalea Inks Deal with Island Def Jam Records, Still Affiliated with Grand Hustle