2 Live Crew front man, Uncle Luke aka Luther Campbell, has won a battle with the state of Florida and will be allowed to coach high school football.
Campbell has spent the past four seasons as assistant high school coach at Miami Northwestern High School and in Liberty City for over 20 years. But Luke only had a temporary certification to coach that was set to expire in 2013.
It was said Campbell was fighting the Florida Department of Education, who claimed that the rapper lacked the “required good moral character” to coach the students.
On August 3, an administrative judge in Tallahassee, Florida, certified Campbell to coach high school football. But in order to make head coach Luke must meet several conditions including ethics classes, and proving he is up-to-date on all of his child support payments.
- [Audio] DJ Khaled Talks with Uncle Luke About Criticizing Out-Of-Town Rappers
- Lil Wayne Fires Back At Uncle Luke; “This Nigga Is Trippin!!!”
- Luther Campbell Suing UM Booster For Defamation Of Character
- Luther Campbell’s Daughter Releases Tell-All Book
- Luke Caught In Massive U of Miami Scandal; Rapper Denies Charges Of Illegal Gifts, Cash, Women