Chad Johnson’s NFL career is all but over. His wife, Evelyn Lozada, has filed for divorce. His sponsors have dropped him. His reality TV series is canceled. The troubles keep coming, and now comes a report that Johnson could face up to a year in prison for assaulting his wife earlier this month.
Johnson was originally charged with a misdemeanor domestic violence charge for the August 11 incident in which he allegedly head butted his wife after she found a receipt for a box of condoms in his car.
While Johnson has often bragged about never getting arrested while in the NFL, an older charge for slapping an ex-girlfriend came to light. Back in 2000 he was charged with slapping a woman. He plead no contest, and reported to Oregon State weeks later to play football. He was punished with community service time.
Now Gossip Extra reports that because of the prior arrest, Johnson’s latest charge could be bumped up to a felony. That’s up to the discretion of the Broward County State Attorney, and there’s no word on whether they plan to up the charges.
Though, if the charges are upped Johnson could face mandatory prison time of up to 12 months.
- First Photo Of Evelyn Lozada From Domestic Violence Fight
- Evelyn Lozada Flees To Neighbors To Get Away From Chad ‘Ochocinco’ Johnson, Police Report
- [Video] Chad ‘Ochocinco’ Johnson Makes First Court Appearance After Domestic Violence Arrest, Bond
- Chad ‘Ochocinco’ Johnson Arrested For Domestic Violence, Mugshot Photo
- [Video] Chad Johnson Sentenced In Domestic Violence Case