By Carla St. Louis
Calling all hip-hop purists: The LOX is officially back in business. Let’s all shed a joyful tear for the return of gritty hip-hop.
As you know its been 12 long years since they dropped an album.
Fact: I still play “Money, Power, Respect” like it’s 1998.
The trio–specifically, Sheek– acknowledged the group’s absence from hip-hop in an interview with MTV. “I’m sorry for the delay and the wait, but this joint is gonna be monstrous, man.”
So far, he’s come through on his promise with DJ Khaled and Swizz Beatz manning the helm of the project.
“The last meeting I had was with Swizz & Khaled [and] they’re executive producing this new LOX album,” he said. “I was just in the studio the other night with us and Alicia Keys working on the Lox project and get ready y’all.”
Although it’s still unknown as to which label will release the album, Sheek admitted artists and bigwigs are lining up to make offers.
“Lil Wayne tried to sign us, Puff tried to re-sign us and paint that picture over, we done been in motherfuckers’ living rooms and talking business,” he said. “The meeting we just had with Swizz and Khaled about executive producing this project was the one that grabbed us and we’re gonna give y’all some real, real big records.”
Now if Jadakiss, Styles P and Sheek Louch can drop a disc, can we get a hardcore album from Lil’ Kim?
Source: MTV RapFix
- Ruff Ryders Reveals Tracklist For “Past, Present, Future,” Features Eve, DMX & More
- Ruff Ryders To Release Compilation This October
- [Audio] Meek Mill – Ima Boss RMX Ft. T.I., Rick Ross, Lil Wayne, Swizz Beatz, Dj Khaled, & Birdman
- [Throwback Thursday] The Lox Ft Lil Kim & DMX – Money, Power, Respect
- [Audio] Styles P – Brothers Ft. Sheek Louch