Trinidad James has struck a deal with Def Jam records for an undisclosed amount on a joint venture with the rapper’s Gold Gang Records.No word on when an album may be released but the rapper is very excited about the signing.
“Def Jam, thank you for believing,” says Trinidad James.
New Def Jam President Joie Manda also stated.”We’re excited to welcome a young talent like Trinidad James to the Def Jam family. “Def Jam prides itself as both a cornerstone of hip-hop’s rich tradition, and as a vital, forward-thinking label dedicated to breaking and nurturing emerging artists. Trinidad James represents the cutting-edge of what’s happening in the culture today. We are thrilled to have him at the label, and look forward to growing his already massive buzz.”
There was much speculation which record label James would sign to, especially after notable record executives were spotted at his NYC show in Dec. 4. Label executives including Def Jam’s Joie Manda, Shawn Pecas, Chris Atlas, and Barry Weiss and Atlantic Records’ Mike Keyser were amongst those in attendance.
- Trinidad James Speaks Justin Timberlake and on the Comedic Spoofing of ‘All Gold Everything’
- T.I.Releases New Video “Wit Me” ft. Lil Wayne – Watch Now
- R&B Singer Miguel Smashes A Girls Face During 2013 Billboard Awards Performance
- How Kanye West,Kim Kardashian And Amber Rose Relationship Affected The “Yeezus” Album
- Kanye West Performs “Black Skinhead” And “New Slaves” On SNL – Watch Now