YT Triz has been tearing up stages all over Florida and beyond. He is right on his way to being the next hot hip-hop sensation to come out of Poe Boy Music Group in Miami. Breezy Says had the opportunity to talk shop with YT on his various successes and what we can look forward to from this young and rising star. Check out the artist spotlight and keep an eye out for YT Triz.
1) Tell us who is YT?
YT: I'm a young and hungry nigga out of Central Florida just trying to do something right with my life and I happen to be good at writing and telling real stories. I'm trying to leave my legacy in the music industry.
2) Many people might think you're just getting started, let us know exactly how this movement came to happen?
YT: I started rapping for fun when I was 10; I'm 22 now, rapping in a different place for different reasons.
3) How did you catch Hip Hop Boss, Big Chuck's attention?
YT: I met Big Chuck at Poe Boy's studio in early 2013; I performed for him live, no mic or nothing. I ain't know at the time, but he saw something in me and I got that phone call from Poe Boy later that year saying "Come down and get in the studio."
4) Who was your inspiration?
YT: My mom has always been my inspiration, she always had a lot of faith and belief in God, she let me know that anything is possible through Him. I took that trait and a dream, and ran with it.
5) Besides recording and performing do you do any other things within the music industry?
YT: I'm taking one step at a time, so for now, nothing. Just recording, performing, and learning.
6) Lil Buddy is one of my favorite YT tracks, what is your favorite and why?
YT: I don't have a favorite, but I like "Bad Vibes" and "IDGAF" a lot because they were real stories that I shared with you and people feel me.
7) What are you currently working on and when should we expect to see/hear it?
YT: I'm currently working on a legendary mixtape with Bigga Rankin, to be released Memorial Day 2014.
8) What makes YT stand out among so many other artists trying to make it from INDIE to MAJOR?
YT: What makes me different is that I'm telling my real life stories and giving the people these real life situations that they might be able to identify with versus just rapping about fashion, cars, and money all the time.
9) Do you have any tours/shows coming up?
YT: I just came off of "The Juice Tour"; we took over various high schools throughout central Florida. I'm about to hit the road with Bigga Rankin next.
10) Where do you think YT will be 5 years from now?
YT: 5 years from now I'll be a well-established and well paid artist dominating the music industry for sure. Plus everything that come with that.
11) Are you exactly where you thought you'd be at this point in your career?
YT: I never thought I'd make it anywhere with this music, so I would have to answer NO…I'm further than I ever expected.
12) Any Shoutouts?
YT: Shoutout my Poe Boy family, my big dawg E-Class and Big Chuck. Shoutout to my YTM Family, coming soon and my mama for supporting me from day 1.
13) What will YT be remembered for?
YT: YT will be remembered for speaking up, representing, and telling the stories of the "Have Nots" straight up.
14) Please give us your social network info, booking info, and drops/interview requests email.
As you can see this young man is focused and ready to conquer the road ahead. Visit his official website at www.YtTriz.net and listen to my favorite track, "Lil Buddy". This is @IamBreezySays and I'm out.