The media has released the name of the 27 victims of shooter, Adam Lanza who went on a killing spree at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newton, Connecticut. The children were between the ages of six and seven years old.
- Dawn Hochsprung (6/28/65), 47, Sandy Hook Elementary principal
- Mary Sherlach (2/11/56), 56, school psychologist
- Victoria Soto (11/4/85), 27, first-grade teacher
- Anne Marie Murphy (07/25/60), 52, special education teacher
- Lauren Rousseau (6/1982), 30, permanent substitute teacher
- Nancy Lanza, 52, mother of gunman
- Rachel Davino was 29 (7/17/83).
- Charlotte Bacon was 6 (DOB 2/22/06).
- Daniel Barden was 7 (9/25/05).
- Olivia Engel was 6 (7/18/06).
- Josephine Gay was 7 (12/11/05).
- Ana Marquez-Greene was 6 (4/4/06). She was the daughter of American jazz saxophonist Jimmy Greene, and the granddaughter of Jorge Marquez, the mayor of Maunabo, Puerto Rico. Jimmy Green named a song from his 2009 disc for his daughter, Ana Grace, the Ottawa Citizen noted. In a statement posted by the Citizen, Greene thanked friends for their prayers and words of support: “As we work through this nightmare, we’re reminded how much we’re loved and supported on this earth and by our Father in heaven. As much as she’s needed here and missed by her mother, brother and me, Ana beat us all to paradise. I love you sweetie girl.” Ana’s grandmother, Elba Iris Marquez, told the Nuevo Dia: “I want to believe this is not really happening to me.” The newspaper said she was drowned in grief.
- Dylan Hockley was 6 (3/8/06).
- Madeleine F. Hsu was 6 (7/10/06).
- Catherine V. Hubbard was 6 (6/8/06).
- Chase Kowalski was 7 (10/31/05).
- Jesse Lewis was 6 (6/30/06).
- James Mattioli was 6 (3/22/06).
- Grace McDonnell was 7 (11/04/05).
- Emilie Parker was 6 (5/12/06). Her father, Robbie Parker, described his daughter as loving and creative. “My daughter Emilie would be one of the first ones to be standing and giving her love and support to all those victims, because that’s the kind of person she is, not because of any kind of parenting my wife and I could have done but because those are the gifts that were given to her by our heavenly Father,” Robbie Parker said. He said Emilie was bright, creative and very loving. She carried around pencils and crayons and when people were sad, she would draw them a picture or write them a note. Recently, she dropped a card into the casket of her grandfather, who also died tragically, Robbie Parker said.
- Jack Pinto was 6 (5/6/06).
- Noah Pozner was 6 (11/20/06). He was the youngest of the victims, having turned 6 last month. His twin sister survived the shooting. He also had an 8-year-old sister at the school, according to Newsday. Rabbi Shaul Praver tended to his mother, Veronika Pozner. “She said that she didn’t know how she was going to go on, and we encouraged her to focus on her other four children that need her and not to try to plan out the rest of her life, just take a deep breath right now,” Praver said, according to forward.com. Arthur Pozner, the boy’s uncle, told Newsday that Noah was very mature. “Very well brought up. Extremely bright. Extremely bright,” he said.
- Caroline Previdi was 6 (9/7/06).
- Jessica Rekos was 6 (5/10/06).
- Avielle Richman was 6 (10/17/06).
- Benjamin Wheeler was 6 (9/12/06).
- Allison N. Wyatt was 6 (7/3/06)
The White House released a statement saying President Obama will be meeting with the families of the victims tomorrow in Newton, Colorado.
By Carla St. Louis (@SheWrites007)