FUSE TV today announced The Lineup, a new unscripted series that showcases the music that influences the everyday lives of some of the biggest names in sports. The new series is set to premiere on Saturday, February 27, 2016 at 9PM (EST), but on Super Bowl Sunday, February 6th, viewers will get a sneak peak at 9PM (EST).
The Lineup is co-produced by Lebron James’ Springhill Entertainment and Language Media and will feature athletes from the NBA, NFL, MLB, NASCAR, and many more.
The Lineup will give viewers an insider’s view of the songs that helps players get pumped before a big game, songs that help then get through their toughest workouts, and the songs that help them find their relaxed, calm zone. Prior to the big game this Sunday, Ted Ginn, Jr., wide receiver for the Carolina Panthers, will take viewers through the hits that helped him and his teammate win this season.
“The Lineup is the latest show in our new slate of fun, relevant programming for the culturally aware, music-loving millennial,” says Lynnette Ramirez, SVP, original content, Fuse Media. “We are very excited to offer sports fans a new way to connect with their favorite athletes and to celebrate the artists and videos that help motivate them on and off the field.”
Athletes featured on The Lineup include:
- Dres Anderson (NFL – currently with the San Francisco 49ers)
- Donovan Carter (played football for UCLA; stars on HBO’s Ballers)
- Connor Coffin (Pro Surfer)
- Ted Ginn Jr. (NFL – currently with the Carolina Panthers)
- Dee Gordon (MLB – currently with the Miami Marlins)
- Marcedes Lewis (NFL – currently with Jacksonville Jaguars)
- Angel McCoughtry (WNBA – currently with the Atlanta Dream, was on Team USA in 2012 Olympics)
- Marcellus Wiley (former NFL player; ESPN sportscaster)
- Seema Sudaker (Pro-Golfer)
- Bubba Wallace (NASCAR driver)
- Stevie Williams (Pro Skateboarder)
- Lou Williams (NBA – currently with the LA Lakers)
I wonder how many sports fans will be tuning in? Only time will tell. But I definitely love the concept.